A couple weekends ago, I gave myself a challenge to climb Georgia’s 5 tallest mountains in 48 hours. I ended up accomplishing the challenge in 29 hours and 45 minutes! Check out the video below to hear more about my adventures:
1. Brasstown Bald – 4,783′. Reached summit via Jacks Knob Trail – about 6 miles roundtrip.
(Top of Rabun Bald)
2. Rabun Bald – 4,695′. Reached summit via The Bartram Trail beginning at Beegum Gap – 3 miles roundtrip.
3. *Dicks Knob – 4,619′. Reached summit via Forest Service Road 54B, ATV trails, and bushwhacking – about 5 miles roundtrip.
(Hiking up Dicks Knob)
4. Wolfpen Ridge – 4,560′. Reached summit via Jacks Knob Trail – summit is about 2-2.5 miles into the hike.
5. Blood Mountain – 4,459′. Reached summit via Byron Reece Trail (which then connects to the Appalachian Trail) – about 4.5 miles roundtrip.
(Top of Brasstown Bald)
*Note – while there is some information available on the Internet about how to get to/hike Dicks Knob, I’d strongly recommend contacting a local ranger service or forest watch. They will most likely have the most recent and accurate information.